8.20.2008

Reporting live from Beijing...digo Virginia

Aren't the Olympics sick? As in bad? As in Awesome?! I'm only five and a half years older than my next sibling but honestly I am so behind the "modern lingo" I feel like I'm fifty. I can usually decifer what is being said, with time:) Anyway, we're here in Ol' Virginie and having a grand time. You know, my siblings are teaching Jillian to say things like "Old fart" and "Yo, Homey G" and "Mary Poopins." I would put a stop to the corruption but I know that my kids will in turn do the same to their kids one day and I feel okay about it. Just kidding. It's so nice to have so many helping hands around. Today Peter had a major blow out and no one was around for the first time since I've been here. I almost forgot how to deal with such situations by myself in just four short days. It was so fun to have the whole family home for a little while, even though Kevin was only here the first day before leaving. Now Kate has left for the OBX to hang out with her newly returned missionary man, Jared Hatch. We're jealous he gets to have her but we totally understand the need to be with your man! (Bytheway, we sure miss Kevin. I was glad to hear that being at UVA has NOT made him miss the life of a bachelor. Phew- thank heavens!) Next Monday, she and Josh will head out to BYU for Kate's senior year!!! And Josh's freshman year! I'm so pumped for them both...and wish I could be going with them, if only for the first few weeks of fired up BYU fun. College life was so fun and carefree! Well, besides deciding on a major, who I wasn't going to marry, to serve a mission, who I was going to marry. Okay so there was some stress involved too. Hadley is going to be starting the seventh grade (middle school) soon and it seems crazy that when the family moved here she was only in Kindergarten! Our family is so FUN, and funny how we just keep getting older.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, it sounds like you guys have a lot going on! Sounds fun. We sure will miss you here in the Lou!

The Sorensens said...

Your family is too cute! We are actually living in the Babel's ward. It seems like an amazing ward. I have only gone the one time when looking for a house, and will be going this week because I'm finally here! PA is such a beautiful part of the country! I'm glad you have a blog. I'll have to add you to my links so I can keep tabs on you!