1.28.2010

Farewell to Uncle Josh

We had such a great time seeing Josh off on his mission, the Utah Ogden mission. He was pretty nervous to give his talk, I mean, as a young man in the church you look forward to this day your WHOLE LIFE! - Hadley told him to just not pass out like he had one time passing the sacrament:) He gave a heartfelt talk on the Savior. He shared the story about slicing his leg on a piece of glass and how Katie was there to help him and then he talked about the parallel of always having the Savior with him. Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman were there, as was Grandma Powers, Amy and Ovala, Lincoln, Jaime and Josh. We're so lucky to have amazing grandparents who support us and have given us wonderful examples to follow.



I think the Toiaivao's were being good and going to Sunday School:)

We can't wait, well, we can but we will be excited one day, to take a picture of this little guy in front of this sign. Ah, some day. Sigh.

We're so, so, so excited and proud of Josh. We love hearing about his excitement and love for missionary work and it was a real treat talking to him when he hadn't even been out a month on Christmas day. When I get my act together, I'm going to start posting his letters in a blog as well. The blog address is elderpowersinutah.blogspot.com. I just haven't posted anything to it yet.

4 comments:

ellenglunt said...

Wow Josh is in our Mission. I will watch for him. Each set of missionaries cover several stakes but they live just a few streets from us if they are assigned to Farmington/Centerville area. Let me know if you ever need something taken to him.

anorthowife said...

that's SO AWESOME chelsea!!! i already cant believe how big your "little" ones are. you're definitely one lucky mama!

John and Karisa said...

Oh no, John was mortified that I put that on your blog. I guess he wanted me to EMAIL that question. Oops.

The Lunts said...

yeah! He's going to my home mission (Brigham City). Hope he likes it!