A week or so before our move I found out our friend from St. Louis who is an amazing photographer was going to be in Connecticut as part of a New England trip to photograph several families. I was disappointed to find out she was coming in the night of the day we were planning on driving south. Since we'd already rented the truck, let people know we were moving that day, etc. it didn't really seem practical to change our plans. It did however motivate me to finally get the family up early for a beach shoot. We attempted to do it Sunday morning but woke up to rain. Kevin had to work Monday and Tuesday so we ended up doing it in the wee hours of the day we were packing our moving truck. The sun rises SO early there at this time of year...I kid you not, there were some days our whole family was up at 5:45 because it was so bright upstairs in our little cape style house. So we woke up and were on the beach by 6:00. It turned out to be a little overcast so we didn't have to worry as much about the light as I had worried we would. We were there for almost three hours. It was a good learning experience, read somewhat frustrating:), to try and figure out lighting, exposure, settings, getting myself in the picture using the timer and trying to get the kids' attention and cooperation. I am grateful Kevin agreed to participate so willingly and was so helpful in getting the kids to LOOK at the camera. (whoa, the pros make this look so much easier than it is!!) Talk about indulging your crazy wife! I do realize there are LOTS of husbands who would never agree to such a venture on the morning of moving day. It just makes my heart happy to have a few family pictures at this beach that became such a big part of our time in Connecticut. So here are way too many pictures of our family. I just had to include all the ones I wanted to have in book one day.






16 comments:
Wow! I'd say that was three hours well spent! These look great.
I LOVE these pics, Chels--so beautiful. You all look truly lovely.
AMAZING pictures!!! We should take pictures of each other's families this fall. We can never get a family picture with all looking at the camera and smiling. By the time the kids warm up to the photographer, the session is over! (: Can't wait to hang out tonight!!!!
Super Super cute! I love them!
Super Super cute! I love them!
Super Super cute! I love them!
These are beautiful Chelsea! Can't believe how the kids are growing. Hope you guys are enjoying your new surroundings!
AWESOME! I can't believe they held up for 3 hours! There are some really really sweet ones! I really like the boat ones.
Seriously Chelsea, I love them all. They look great and you are such a cute family. Miss you guys.
Oh I love these pictures! I especially like the ones with you and Jillian. She has such beautiful curls! You did a great job!
love the ones by the boat. jill's hair is so adorable--cute curls. and you have a cute little belly.
Beautiful! I glad that you have a good hubby who was willing to support you on this, b/c these are awesome! There are so many of them that look just like Emily pics, and they're even more special b/c you took them yourself! Impressive!
Yea!! I have been waiting for you to post these pics. What a beautiful family! The pics are darling. I love them. We miss you guys like crazy! We're still trying to figure out how to survive without ya!
I love the pictures! Beautiful. And you're about to have the baby, right? How exciting :) Love you all.
YOU took these pictures? Like with a tripod? I guarantee I would've thrown in the towel within ten minutes if I had to try and get my kiddos to look at the camera, not to mention smile! Next time we should all go to the beach (or wherever) and take each others family photos.
Love these pictures. they are so sweet and tender. I'm impressed you got the family up so early in the morning.....on the day you were moving!!! Amazing. Miss you guys. Congrats on the new addition. We love the name Lucy!!!
Post a Comment