Peter loves to learn with his sister. It's pretty cute. He knows a lot more of the alphabet than she did at his age because of this. Jillian really didn't show any interest in the alphabet until this year. (Just in the last few days she seems to have taken off though. I was explaining how the word "I" is really just the letter "I" and she said "I thought it was spelled "me." She also has learned how to spell Mom, and sounded out "Kevin" on her own tonight. There is nothing more awesome then watching your kids catch onto a concept and then realize they DID IT!) Anyway, as she is learning her sounds, Peter has been listening right in. When quizzed about what letter makes what sound he'll say, without fail "Ba-ba-ba-S" or "Ba-ba-ba-J." Occassionally he gets it right with "Ba-ba-ba-B." It's so funny. I think he might be pulling a fast one on us though. A friend watched him for me the other day and she said he knew all the letters and got all the sounds right when she asked him. Haha. He's never done that for me before, but maybe he's just heard Kevin and I chuckle at his "ba-ba-bas."
He also loves to help me cook, which sometimes turns a 1 minute task in to a 30 minute task. It's still cute though. Tonight we were making waffles when Grandma brought Jillian home from a fun day at Marbles with Hunter. I go back in the kitchen to find Peter putting measuring cups of water in the batter. I was able to drain most of it out and they ended up being fine. Maybe that's because he later told me he also added more sugar. That's my boy!
Yesterday as I was doing my hair he told me "You're going to look just like a princess!" Thanks for the confidence booster, bud.
And, one last endearing gem. In Jillian's Fancy Nancy books, Nancy learns the word "adore." Now Jillian and Peter have been going around saying "I adore you." The other night Jillian called after us as we were leaving their room "I adore you, Mom and Dad. I adore my whole family!"
Oh, and if we ever let Lucy cry during the night, Jillian marches right down the stairs to our room and scolds us. "Lucy is CRYING. Go and get her! She wants you!" Then she goes back up to bed, exasperated with her ridiculous parents.
2.24.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh that's funny about the sleeping thing. "MOM, c'mon! Go take care of your baby!" It's good you have this recorded so you can remind Jillian of it in 25 years when she's tired with a new baby.
We miss you guys! Congrats on Jillian sounding out Kevin-- that's very impressive!
your kids are so cute and smart!
isaac has started saying, "oh james" when james starts crying in his room because I say that. funny what they pick up.
Post a Comment