Lately I hear lots of discussions, that actually sound like arguments but couldn't possibly be!, about what the kids are going to play. Peter ALWAYS wants to play "small LEGOS" and feels slighted every time someone else wants to play a different game. Jillian plays her fair share of small LEGOS but also wants to play "family", ride her bike, etc. Usually Peter responds by saying he'll destroy her stuff while she's away, admittedly not cool. We're working on adding in a little persuasion, kindness, deal making, etc. instead of jumping right to destruction. Anyway, the other day I heard him trying to convince her to play "Jungle," with the LEGOS, of course.
"I LIKE jungles. Jungles are AWESOME! VINES are awesome! I LIKE vines!"
Not sure why it struck me as so funny but, naturally, I think everything that comes out of their mouths is genius, mostly.
4.06.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
With two 6 year old boys we have a house full of "small Legos" and that's exactly what they are called. Anna's Duplos are now baby Legos and shunned by her big brothers, except for once in a while when they remember how quickly you can build something with them. I like hearing my kids negotiating too. So funny. Your kids are adorable and I love reading about what they're up to!
Post a Comment