The Beach
By Jillian Gertsch
This year in July my family went to the beach in Carolina. I went with my Grandma, my Grampa, my aunt and her boyfriend, mom and sister and brother, my uncle and his girlfriend and my aunt and uncle. We went in a car. On the way we stopped at a donut place, for a little bit. When we got to the beach house, we picked out the room we were going to sleep in. I picked a room with bunk beds. After we put our stuff in our rooms, we packed our lunches. We went to the beach. I went really deep in the ocean with my Grandpa. Some of the waves knocked me down, but some waves I floated over. then I ran away from the waves with my brother and sister. A few days later at the beach both of my uncles started making a hole for swimming, sitting and relaxing. Then me and my uncle's girlfriend went to get jellyfish and shells for the competition. When we got back to put the shells on the side of the hole, and the jelly inside the hold. We almost won! When we got home, the next night me and my family had a little dance party with glow sticks. The next morning everybody got in their cars and went home. It was the best vacation ever! I hope we go there again!
(Illustration at the bottom was a huge wave coming and three kids yelling "Ahhh, run!"


No comments:
Post a Comment