Both Molly and Lucy have been born close to the weekend when General Conference is held, and I highly recommend having a baby then. It gives you a chance to sit and enjoy holding your baby while listening to the prophet and apostles give uplifting speeches for hours. Such a rejuvenating experience that I recommend to anyone, whether you've just had a baby or not. I don't think it is coincidence that your hormones bring your emotions to the surface before and after you have a baby. The week after Molly came home from the hospital we went to church to see the kids in the primary program. The program started with the little three year old sunbeams saying "Hi, I'm _______, and I am a child of God." Sitting in the audience, holding a ten day old, so fresh from our Father in Heaven, I felt the truth and import of those simple yet powerful words.
In between sessions on Saturday, we played croquet and, you guessed it, took more pictures.
Lucy threw a tantrum and then fell asleep on the stairs.
She is just so sweet! She sleeps through anything (continues to three months later) and is so mellow and patient, for which I am grateful continually. It usually takes me a while to attend to her needs after those of her older sisters and brother, and she just patiently waits.
There's all FOUR of our kids!
Jill is a natural with Molly, and sometimes has to be reminded not to play the piano or cut with scissors while she's holding her, but her multi-tasking will serve her well when she's a mother someday.
Peter is like a little father with her too and holds Molly with authority and in a no-nonsense manner.


No comments:
Post a Comment