2.28.2009


I have to admit I've become lax at removing my hair from the shower wall over the past few years, also known as the first years of my married life. Why am I admitting this disgusting habit? Because I think Kevin is hilarious, patient, long-suffering, you name it, and I had to share. Yes, this is the "art" that greeted me the other day when I got in to shower. Complete with bouquet and exclamations of love. Now that's love, and a friendly reminder that leaving hair on the shower wall is, in actual fact, disgusting. Thanks, Hon.

17 comments:

kim said...

That is so funny! I am going to have to show Brian that one. I only drag him into this blog thing for really good stuff and I think that is hilarious. I hope you don't mind me following your blog. I got the address from Sara page and thought I would see what you guys are up to. i love catching up. Talk to you later.
Kim Taylor

BWei said...

That is seriously hilarious--I remember I first realized how gross it is when my brothers commented on it to me when I was younger. Is it a curly-headed thing?

Andi said...

that is so funny! Ian and I got a really good laugh out of that! Good job Kevin!

Karisa and John said...

I think it's a curly hair thing. (Or, not necessarily a curly-haired thing, but a thing for people who don't blow-dry their hair and have a lot come out in the shower.) Remember when we were all living together, and I got a perm, so we had shower hair from Brittany, you, and me?? Joy must have felt so alone every time she took a shower and saw hair all over the wall!

Holly said...

Hilarious!!! How awesome for you to share that with everyone....Hilarious!!!

Jaime said...

I love this - what a funny husband you have. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets to clear the wall sometimes! :)

Alex said...

Kevin, that was a masterful work of art! Don't you love 4th year when you have so much extra time?!

Anonymous said...

Nice work brother! I must say that I am really impressed by the thought and time that went into that one. I think that I could make a nice lil' something for Doreen as well. I don't have the skills but I definitely have the supplies! :) Happy almost 28! Talk to you tomorrow Kev!

Anonymous said...

I regularly find Sarah's long hair in our shower. I've spelled stuff out of it on the shower wall, but never created a work of art like that.

Brittany Owens said...

I thought at first the Jillian wrote on the walls, and then I thought, "She can't draw that well yet right?" Then as I read on, my disgust kicked in. Naw, just kidding I as laughing pretty hard. What a husband to do that. Funny!

Adam said...

hysterical. props to kevin

Joy and Ted said...

That is too funny! AND happy birthday Kev! Hope it was a fabulous day for a fabulous person!

Amie Orton said...

oh so awesome. What an artist. He can see the beauty in everything? haha. so YES, I am free always. Always. Let's get together , yah yah yah.(song that's in my head sorry) What's you numba? I was worried that you had already moved. I really am not too busy, except the occasional vt appt. and Thursday cycle classes and every once in awhile Tuesday playgroups.. But really all can be rearranged. what works for you?
amie

Grericag said...

What a riot!! very creative :) I also really appreciated your previous posts on the "hunters and fishers' talk and on privacy and motherhood. I can totally relate to your feelings. Also- love the family picture header - what a dang cute fam you guys are!!

Amie Orton said...

Chels, next Wednesday is perfect. It's a date. I just wrote your name on the calendar. Before lunch or around lunch? When does Jillian take her "reading quiet time." :) That's what we call it around here. Naps are a four letter word to a 3 year old. I'll call you on Monday or something when we know the weather situation better and then we can figure out a park or place or whatever! I'm excited to FINALLY hang out.
Amie

Sarah McK said...

Haha! That is so funny! My hair is EVERYWHERE in our apartment...poor Logan!

Mindy said...

Better on the shower wall than clogging the drain, I always say! I have to show this to George. He can't stand my little hairy habit, either.