5.15.2009

Big Bubbly Beautiful Birthday Boy!

Peter's personality has been EXPLODING lately. He was such a serious little guy until about a month ago. You had to really work hard to pull a smile from him. It wasn't that he was unpleasant or grumpy, just contemplative. I don't know what happened but it's like someone put some quarters in him. A LOT of quarters. He laughs and "talks" all day long now. He'll get into something, the other day it was doing a fishy face and making lip smacking noises with Grandma, and be slap happy for a good 20 minutes. He is more adventurous and will leave my side more often but still looks back for reassurance, which is sweet. I'm not sure if he does it for my sake or his. He's also gotten a ton more snuggly and loves to give kisses, aka slobbering all over your face.

We had a pretty tame birthday celebration (I spent much of the day trying to set up appointments to see apartments the next day) but we did have fun going to the park and making (and eating) his cake.

LOVE that little crinkled nose!



Peter LOVES this toy from Grandma Kim and Pops






Every parent's nightmare. He burnt himself on the birthday candle. Luckily I think it startled him more than anything and there was no blistering.

Peter's antithesis! She hates to be dirty!
"I don't feel so good." We took it away shortly after this.

5 comments:

BWei said...

Sweet cake--your cake and Karisa's put any I've ever attempted to complete shame. I love the crinkled nose, too--what a cutie pie.

sarah said...

He and J look very much alike! Oh, and I love the green frosting everywhere!

Joy and Ted said...

Happy birthday Peter! I can't believe how much he has changed - he looks so much more like Jillian now. So cute! Great job on the cake too!

Christine said...

He is so adorable! What a cute cake too! You are so talented!

Emily S. said...

gorgeous cake, and good use of the word "antithesis". Haha!

:) Happy birthday, Pater!!