2.16.2010

Exclamation Point

My mom described Peter as an exclamation point and that description fits so well! Everything he says is an exclamation "Yeah!" "Moo!" "Wait!" "Stop!" "Cheese!" "Please!" "Knock, Knock!" He hasn't walked anywhere since he learned to run but has recently been a good little hand holder in parking lots and even looks back for us, which is so fun. It could be argued that he doesn't always think before he leaps and will throw himself off the couch or into furniture but usually just rubs his head with his hand (the palm rub with cute outstretched fingers like kids do), says "BooBoo," and bounces right back up. We'll have to help him channel this in some athletic way in the future and prevent careless craziness! For a while now he has been walking around repeating, loudly, to himself "Happy! Happy! Happy! Happy!" while he plays. Well, really he says "Huppy" but we know what he means. I have no idea where he picked this up but it's sweet. I love his passion and exuberance. And let me tell you, I'm glad I didn't have this guy when I was 40, because I would be exhausted:)

We went sledding down a really big hill. When we went down with him he'd get snow in his face so he preferred going down by himself.
Puddle jumping, Grandma's idea:)



Pete makes SUCH a mess during every meal that he's gotten used to us pulling out the dustpan and has started helping clean up after himself. Usually it makes more of a mess but we'd better encourage it anyway, right?

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Peter looks so much like Jillian in that last picture! They have grown so much since we last saw them! Cute as ever!!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Sweet sweet kids. Wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog about the newborn daze and keeping perspective. I know life will eventually start rolling again ,but it was something I needed to hear that day. thanks!

Trisa said...

I wish Cannon would decide to start talking. He is content to sign or shows us. He has no problem getting his point across, but reading your blog makes me worried he is falling behind! Oh well, Peter is too cute! I think Cannon and Peter would have fun playing together - furniture jumping is a favorite around here. One plus to having a dog is that the floor never needs cleaning after Cannon eats! She sticks close by to pick up any extras!