2.17.2010

I was about to post this in "According to Jillian..." but felt it needed some explanation.
Jillian thinks "getting married" is dancing to fun music because she's watched our wedding video several times. Every so often, when she wants to dance, she'll come downstairs all dolled up and ask Daddy to "get married." Then she'll tell Peter and I to get married too. We've tried to explain a little more but it was seemingly pretty innocent until about a month ago she said "Okay, now let's turn off the music and get pregnant."
WHAT????
We certainly don't use vernacular like that around here!
I'm sure it was just her trying to make sense of words she's heard, not all at once!, but when she put them in order like that she had us laughing and laughing.

12 comments:

Holly said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!...Miss you guys like crazy!

Gina said...

Whoa! I don't know about you guys... :)

Madelyn said...

That is sooooo funny! The other day Elliott was in the bathtub and said, "I have nipples. Lily has nipples. Daddy has nipples. And you have really big nipples." Eeek! I'm not sure what the appropriate response to that is but I just laughed.

Doreen said...

That is SO dang funny!! I can't wait to have Jill around here!! She is such a crack up!! I love reading all of your "according to jillian" quotes!!!

BWei said...

That made me laugh out loud. :-) So hilarious.

Janelle Dobson said...

Oh good grief, so funny!

Brooke said...

That is hilarious! I love your "according to Jillian" column.

I would take you up in a heartbeat to come out, although I really don't think I'm worthy of such a compliment. It has taken me 6 months to finally figure out what to do with that wall. And literally those are the first pictures I've hung in my entire house. Ah well. By the way, I'm sorry I never got back to you on your Photoshop questions. If you're still pondering it, let me know and I'll email you.

Amie Orton said...

i want to live by you always. I just love hearing you talk and tell stories. Please be my neighbor someday?

Anway, this story is hil-ar-ious.

I love all your writing though. Ithought NYC was magical and thanksgiving, but now I must return for christmas someday! Have a HOme alone christmas you know?

amie

Angie said...

Wow! She's quite the girl. Ben and I laughed our heads off when we read that. She's so darling. I don't know if we will survive without you guys. Have fun on your trip, but hurry back. We're ready to hang out!!!!

Elisa said...

Oh, sheesh! That's hilarious :)

Sarah McK said...

OH MY GOSH! Love it!

sam & sarah said...

LOVE IT!
that is the best!