

Not sure why we're doing this with our arms but whatever.




I realize all I ever post about is my children, but who are we kidding? They are my life. They are all I do all day. They can get me to laugh at the silliest things and (almost) everything they do is completely endearing and perfect to their mother. And I think that's how it should be. I remember coming to the realization once that we brag on our kids or stick up for them when they are in error or are extra embarrassed when they aren't perfectly behaved because we want the rest of the world to see them through our eyes. To KNOW how we know that they are perfect and wonderful and precious above anyone else. But they can't and they won't because it's a special gift I've been given as their mom. (And, anyway, they probably understand because they already feel that way about their own children.) The other day I was writing in my journal about Peter and it hit me...one day he is going to move away from home and be busy with other important things and not immediately look for me when he is hurt or excited or any of the other reasons he looks to me a thousand times a day! Ouch - that stung to realize! THEN who will I be? Because, right now, I
am him, and Jillian, and somewhere underneath I'm still me. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. And that will be how it's supposed to be then. But for now I get to solely be "Mommy" and enjoy these vivacious, and, like I said, perfectly wonderful little souls who grace our home.
5 comments:
I've thought about that a lot, too - who will I be when my kids are grown up. And I decided (personally -- for me) that it's important to not entirely lose who I am now. Not only for my sake, but for their's too! I think they deserve and ought to have a mom who has passions and believes in herself. I am a mother first and foremost, but I am also a person. I want my kids to look up to me as a mother as well as a woman. Maybe this just comes from a kid whose mom worked her whole life and set more than just the mother example. And Chelsey, I'm sure you are doing that with your kids. I have no doubt.
I love that Jillian. I have, literally, countless pictures in that pose. She is my kind of gal!
you have the best way of saying things...
i was thinking these same thoughts this week when someone i could tell didn't think super highly of my child. I didn't think it in such an eloquent way though....
Wow Chelsey! Very well put; you nailed it! Your kids are just growing up so much! I love Jillian's outfits, and her strong personality. What cute kids you have!
Your Jillian cracks me up. I love these pictures.
Post a Comment