You know that song from "The Sound of Music" where Maria is singing about "somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good"? That was how I was feeling today. (Although, I know the equation doesn't work exactly like that because I know plenty of people who have done lots of somethings good and still aren't being blessed with their worthy and righteous desires. Anyway, this song just came to my head.) It was a brisk day and the kids and I went to playgroup with the kids from preschool. Peter was having a really rough day and wanted me to hold him or walk him everywhere. As we were running from one place to another, I had the overwhelming feeling of "WHOA! Look at this. I am running with Lucy in one arm and Peter holding my hand. I am healthy! And I am so lucky to be a healthy mom that can run and play with her kids." It was a pretty random thought but even in thinking it was random I realize how I often take it for granted to have my body and just be able to play with my sweet kids! I am so lucky. And why me? I don't deserve them, that I realize daily when I mess up and am not patient enough. I pray every day that I can be enough for them. Teach them enough about how wonderful they are. That the positives will outweigh the negatives. That somehow, despite the bad in the world, that they will know of the Good, in their heart of hearts.
2.24.2011
La petillante mademoiselle Lucy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
I LOVE these pics of Lucy--she's grown so much even in the last few weeks. I loved the post about Jillian's day at school--what a neat and special idea. And Peter's cooking and spelling skills are impressive! Thanks for sharing your wonderful light, Chels.
franchement elle est petillante! she looks so cute in that shirt. thanks for letting her wear it!
Chelsey, I love your LOVE for your kids. Your perspective on motherhood is so refreshing. I love that you cherish every moment. Those kids are so lucky!
Ditto to the refreshing perspective that you are able to see and describe so beautifully :)I love looking at all of your photos!
she is so cute with those big blue eyes!
those pictures are so so darling. I like thelittle nose snarl in well one of the middle ones. Love your words! ONe day I might just print your words, frame them and put them on my wall. :) You think i'm kiiding...
She is gorgeous! So much fun! :)
such a cute post--your family is an example to us in so many ways
also wondered if you had heard that Hayley is engaged to Joe Jacob
a friend of Matt Gertsch--small world--matt didn't line them up--but another mutchal friend did
fun stuff--april 23--can I get your address to send you an invite
by way of announcement--thanks much
Post a Comment