We have had a wonderful week, last week and this week. We went to the beach with Georgie and Pops, Great-Grandma Powers, Hadley and her friend, Karly. It was really fun and we'll post pictures and details shortly. Mom asked if Jillian and Peter could stay when I left to come back to be with Kevin on Friday afternoon and we agreed.
Saturday was THE best day ever. My idea of the perfect Saturday, anyway. We met a friend from the ward, which we could do since we only had Lucy, and ran 4 miles in the morning and that got us up and at 'em. Then Kevin asked if I would like to go to the crepe truck. "Am I dreaming? Of course!" That's just the sort of thing on my list for the perfect Saturday adventure. On our way there we drove past the Carrboro Farmer's Market, which somehow I didn't even know existed! Another perfect Saturday adventure. I was reminded how much I love ranunculus! Then we went on a quick shopping trip to Aldi, bought a blueberry plant, and got lots of cheap groceries. Then we drove by Cherin's neighbor's, to check out their swingset they had said needed a new home. We decided to take it, and ran home for our tools to disassemble it. We got it home, put it back together, cleaned it up and cleaned out some more of the woods to make space for it. We also replanted some of our old strawberries and put in the blueberry plant! By the end of the day we had it all ready to surprise the kids on Easter morning. We had a slight fail that evening when we tried to take Lucy to Hunger Games, hoping she would fall asleep. We ended up leaving during the previews and asking for our money back because she was NOT falling asleep and even the previews seemed too violent for her to be watching. We are laughing about it now. We came home and Kevin finished his Easter lesson for the kids at church and I finished Lucy's Easter skirt. The perfect day! We missed Jillian and Peter but it was so fun to have a day alone with Lucy.
This week has been great too. I'm trying hard to not worry about accomplishing anything during Jill's spring break. We are having FUN! We picked up Jill's friend yesterday while Peter was at school. Today we went on a walk with friends and to the movies. At one point, Jillian and her friend came inside and Peter was left alone outside. He came in and said "Why are you guys breaking my heart?" I asked him what he meant and he said, "I was playing with the girls and then they came inside, and it broke my heart." So sweet. Jillian and Brooklyn kept talking about what BFF means and calling each other "Hey, BFF, come do this." It was adorable. I love watching little kindergarteners interacting. It's the best.
4.11.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment