4.11.2012

Easter Egg Hunt at UUMP, Peter's 3 year old class

So fun for me to catch him in action. It took Peter a while to warm up to the other kids in his class this first year of preschool (like 5 months), but once he did he found some good buddies. We came back after Christmas break and Miss Stephanie asked if anything about school had changed for him, did he enjoy coming more, etc. I said he hadn't really disliked it before but he did seem to be enjoying it more when he told me about his days after I'd pick him up. She said he had really taken off, was so enthusiastic about participating, where he had been an observer before, and was so engaged in playing with the other kids! Yea for my guy! Previously, for example, if anyone had wanted to play tag, he would think they were pushing him. (I observed this when I'd be parent of the day in his class.) It was great to see him start to "get" the other kids cues. His teacher said his quality to observe before jumping in is a good one and we'll be especially grateful when he reaches high school. Good perspective! I was especially grateful for her caring and positive attitude and the nurturing environment she created for him.  




 Trusty supporters, Jake, our neighbor friend we watched for over a year, and Lucy Girl, with a huge battle wound


No comments: