Anyone else suffer from this problem? It's akin to magazine guilt, which I also have. I can't throw away my kids' drawings, quotations I've written during church (I still have some of these from when I was in Young Womens, maybe even Merry Miss), even credit card offers that seem pretty sweet sometimes lure me in to keeping them for weeks on end. My biggest weakness is the kids' pictures, especially since Jillian's started to resemble people and objects and therefore represent her thoughts and what's important to her on paper. So when I saw my sister-in-law had scanned some of Hunter's drawings and put them on the blog, thereby preserving them, I knew I had an outlet, and followed suit.
Thought this one was fun with all the colors and the curly-que border
She drew this one at preschool. It's Mary and Joseph in the stable. I'm not sure where Jesus is. Coming? I'm basking in the light of the fact that she briefly gets to attend a school that discusses Christ and his birth at Christmastime and learns songs entitled "Oh, my Lord!" that she sings with fervor as she plays at home. Love that school!
This one is very clever. She drew it for me on my birthday. It shows me growing up. There I am starting out small on the left and growing bigger and bigger and bigger. We'll stop there. I'm not sure what the hovering haystack is.
This one is me and my little people. She told me "This one is me, and you and Peter and Lucy. How could I not love it?


1 comment:
You know, I never really thought about how easy it is for me to throw Clara's drawings away...I guess that is one good thing about Clara's drawing skills not quite "blooming" yet. :-) Btw, I LOVED your Christmas card.
Post a Comment