1.13.2011

Today Peter and I hung out and it was a treat for me. I think I am finally catching on to what makes parenting fun. When I am concerned about a clean house, getting it all done, crafting, etc. I go crazy being in my house all day. When I leave the mess and play with my kids, being at home is joyful, even though there is a mess and productiveness is thrown to the wind. Anyway, today we were cleaning up some water that Peter had spilled while I was on the treadmill. He said "Our house is all wet now. Maybe we should ask Heavenly Father for a new one." I loved that he recognized that Heavenly Father gave us this one. Then later we were driving the car back in to the garage after I had finished running and he was on my lap helping me "drive." He sounded like it was equivalent to the senior prom, or something equally grown-up and wonderful, when he said "That was Great!" So, of course, we backed out and did it again. He also told me "I will be a nice grinch when I am on paper." Who knows what goes on in that smart little brain of his but I do know that the grinch has made a big impression on him, as he comments on it almost daily.
Lately he and Lucy have been super clingy, wanting lots of hugs and mom time. It is awesome. Lucy is getting big enough to give hugs with her little arms, or at least a tight hold of sorts. She also reaches for your face with both hands when you get close and holds you there for a few seconds until her little arms flap around and find something else to explore.

No comments: