11.01.2009

Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnn




Peter's approach was so different than Jill's at this age. She was scared at first and then just mad when people put candy in her little bucket. Finally she got it. But with Peter following her lead he plunged right in and would go for more than one piece of candy from the very start. In a cute Franklin the Turtle sort of way, of course.




We had fun going to the shops downtown yesterday evening for some early Trick or Treating. It was fun to see all the different costumes and excited kids!







And then they amassed even more candy at the ward Trunk or Treat:)









My "costume" was pretty lame this year. I gave myself a black eye with the thought that I'd think of something clever on the way there. Maybe I could be a battered wife? No, that's not really funny. I could paint a scar and be a soldier hurt in combat. No, that's not funny either. So I just went as a person with a black eye. Several people asked me what had happened and when I told them it was makeup they just said "Oh." Haha.


Peter had to put his bottle down to take some candy:)

3 comments:

Sarah McK said...

Cuties! We miss you guys! One Halloween during college my best friend and I were in a stage makeup class and we'd just finished learning to do bruises, scars, etc. It also happened to be the year Miss Congeniality came out, so we got out the old Homecoming dresses, along with some sashes and crowns and were beat up beauty queens. We went to a party that night and pretended to be mad at each other and still fighting (like, out loud) all night. Pretty funny. Only two over-dramatic actresses would do such a thing, but they were fabulous costumes. Your black eye made me think of it.

Tori said...

Such cute costumes! Your kids are growing up so fast! I sure miss seeing you guys. Glad you had a fun Halloween.

Metro Moments said...

Chelsey! I love reading your blog. I have secretly been keeping up to date on it ever since Katie showed me it last year. I'm happy that you found mine. I also really appreciate you updating the blog for Katie! It is so fun reading it each week. Your kids looked adorable for Halloween. One of the little girls in my class reminds me of Jill, seriously almost the same only she has short brown curly hair. I hope you are doing well! Maybe I will see you next week in CT for the Nick and Shelley celebration.