So my mom went to protest the Health Care Bill today! She had a blast and got pretty fired up. (Wish I had a picture of her to post here of her chanting "Kill the bill...") And, as a result I got re-fired up! Several things send up some huge RED FLAGS to me! Here are just a few...
1) This bill is so good that President Obama and Congress went ahead and wrote in an exemption clause for themselves. That's right, they made sure they didn't have to actually live by it.
2) This bill will provide for federally funded abortions. That, in and of itself, is lame because now people not only want no responsibility for their actions, they want someone to fund the whole thing. But the thing that REALLY irks me is that President Obama flat out lied! He said very clearly in his speech a few weeks ago that abortion would not publically funded! But he's so smooth he gets away with it again and again!
3) Apparently, I haven't read the 2000 page bill, if you lose your health care coverage and choose something other than the public option, you will be fined and the money will be taken from your paycheck similarly to taxes. Hmmm, again and again we have heard how competition will be encouraged even with the public option in place. That sure puts a disincentive on it if you ask me. "Oh, you want to choose someone else. That's fine. But we will be penalizing you."
Today a friend from Michigan told me a bill was just barely voted down there to tax physicians in the state twice as much as everyone else to cover health care costs. I'm sorry, what? They provide the care and then they pay for it too? Hmm, I really am shocked the nation is coming to this level of laziness. I agree reform needs to happen but where is the personal responsibility? Why should everyone receive free health care if they haven't paid for it? Is it just me? Am I just biased because my husband will have spent 12 or 13 years becoming a physician by the end this? Surely he shouldn't be forced to pay for the patients' care he's just given over a third of his life to serve.
If you're worried about your taxes going up to pay for this, or the nation's deficit or federally funded abortions or any other scary part of this bill, Write your congressman! They're voting on Saturday! Once this bill is passed, I see no way of turning back. Once people are given a free ride, what is going to make them want to go back and pay for it?
11.05.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Great post. I totally agree. Things are so scary right now. I just hope people will wake up and do something to stop this.
amen! dont you love the Dems right now! :)
Matt and I emailed our senator's yesterday. I just hope they check their emails before all of this!!! I LOVED reading every second of this post. I hate this health care business that Obama's trying to drill into law. You KNOW it can't be good when you hear that if it's passed it won't be up and running until AFTER the next presidential election. What? Does he not want us to know until AFTER he's been re-elected (IF that happens)as president for his second term that he pulled a quick one on us in his first term???? I just don't like any of this. This subject definitely gets Matt and I fired up if you can't tell :)
I totally agree. It just irks me how physicians are being portrayed in all of this. There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a living doing your work. That doesn't make you a heartless money grubbing monster.
What a GREAT post!!!! It is scary, the whole thing.....
Hey, it's Mary (from the last comment)...I am on Eddie's name...haha
Post a Comment