4.22.2011

1,000,000 graduation pictures!




The graduate


The sisters...we missed having Elder Powers with us!





The Mom away from Mom














The cousin grads








The grandparents


A great professor we both had at BYU











Romping in front of the SWKT, the building where all the nursing classes are


























Lucy was being hilarious, going from big smiles to a serious face and back to big smiles again











Grandma G watched the big kids for me so I could go out to BYU for Katie's graduation! It was so fun to go to Utah! It's been almost two years since I've been out there so it was fun to see the gorgeous mountains, the BYU bookstore, and some friends and family. Unfortunately I didn't do a great job of taking pictures of those people, just 1,000,000 of the two graduation days. It was a quick trip so it definitely got me excited to go back sooner to see more friends and do more. It was also so fun to attend the actual graduation ceremony for the nursing school. It kind of felt like it was the BYU graduation I never attended, because technically I didn't graduate from there:), so it was neat. I loved some of the euphomisms shared like "You majored in nursing but you minored in compassion." Elder Scott spoke at the large and the small graduation ceremonies and gave a great talk each time. BYU is such a neat place, that the speakers could focus on learning and growing spiritually and becoming more like Christ, our most important education. I guess you could say I left with a renewed zeal to convince my kids BYU is the only true university, or at least that it is where they want to go! And, bonus, I came home so renewed after a little break and extra excited to see the munchkins!

1 comment:

BWei said...

So fun that you got to go out for the graduation! I haven't been out there in over 3 years...seeing the SWKT brings back memories.