
Last year in Jill's joy school class the kids made letter formations with their bodies. This is Peter's class this year. I think they are a little young for this activity. I didn't have to snap one picture before they moved. Those two year olds can move! We've only done the class for half of this year because, when Lucy was born in September, I didn't think I could handle five two-year-olds in addition to Peter and Lucy. Now it's old hat:) We don't do a formal curriculum, just an assigned letter each class. Peter has enjoyed attending school one of the days that Jillian does. He especially loves having his cousin Masey, as he calls him, in his class to play with.

Happy Birthday, Kevin! 30 looks good on you!

I suspect Lucy's wake up call is sometimes a little too interactive for her but she is very tolerant. She has become a great little sleeper and will usually sleep from about 8 p.m. to 9 a.m. if given the chance. On the mornings I drive Jill to school, I have to wake her up. And sometimes Jillian and Peter sneak in and wake her up as well. I think I've got them trained not to do this anymore. She follows the big kids all around the room with her eyes and rewards their attempts to make her laugh with big belly laughs! This all serves to reassure me that she isn't too terrified of them and loves them as much as they love her.

Jillian and her friend after dance class at the park by our neighborhood.

We got to go to the American Heart Association Ball the weekend after Kevin's birthday. There was an award given to someone who had saved his son's life by performing CPR. The award was called the Gertsch-Koffer award, as both Kevin's father and another anesthesiologist in his group passed away due to heart attacks and this fund raiser was specifically to raise funds to educate people regarding heart disease. I don't remember the exact stats but the amount of deaths due to heart disease in the area has actually gone down impressively since, I believe, this campaign was started not too long ago. Emily, Heather and Mike even came in from out of town to attend and it was a really fun evening! Gayle even bid on and won tickets to attend the Country Music awards next fall!


Jillian and Peter love to climb this tree by the gazebo.
1 comment:
Every child should have a tree to climb in.
Post a Comment